- Teeth should be applicable for veneer.(not to much damaged or in a bad shape)
- They provide a natural and aesthetic tooth appearance
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected
- Smile design
What Is the Veneer
Dental veneers are commonly used for a cosmetic dentistry solution and to help you achieve the look you desire. Veneers are very popular choice for those with chipped teeth, a gap between teeth, or misshapen teeth.
Dental veneers are 3-7mm covers that adhere to teeth to give teeth a more aesthetic shaped look. Dentsmile Clinic is more than 10 years experienced in using the veneers for smile design or smile makeover.
PORCELAIN LAMINATES (LEAVE PORCELAIN)
It is a technique through which a porcelain layer prepared in the thickness of a nail, in the color, size and form as may be desired is bonded to the front face of the tooth. Laminated leave veneers are preferred as a treatment method in order to solve aesthetic problems on the front teeth by means of bonding the layer made of porcelain to the front face of the tooth. These layers made of porcelain are thin and of semipermeable. They are prepared and bonded on the tooth in a perfect harmony and precision. The front face of the tooth and the inner face of the veneer are bonded with a special resin (a bonding material). A perfect unification is expected when the procedure has been completed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PORCELAIN LAMINATES
In Which Cases Are The Porcelain Laminates Used?
- To close the gaps between the fore teeth,
- To restore the broken or abraded teeth,
- For excessively dark color teeth, for which tooth bleaching is not sufficient,
- In such cases that require porcelain veneers on all the teeth due to decayed and crowding teeth,
- For teeth with a poor structural form and shape,
- For diastema closures,
- To correct old fillings with poor color and structure,
- To correct crowding and curved teeth (as a perfect cosmetic alternative to orthodontic treatment),
What Are The Application Stages Of The Porcelain Laminates?
First, your tooth is prepared for the procedure, any residue on it is cleaned. Then, a measurement is taken to take an exact copy of the tooth. The layer that is to be bonded on the tooth is made from the porcelain material. Finally, like in the case of adhesive systems (bonding), a special resin (a bonding material) is used to bond the laminate to the surface of the tooth.
What Are The Advantages Of The Application?
- They are made of a durable material with no color change.
- There is no need to make any change on the tooth or an attempt is made to make a small adjustment, which results in a perfect finish.
- Since the amount that is removed from the tooth is limited to 0.3 to 0.7mm, there is no need to cut (make smaller) any tooth.
- A copy of your teeth that you are not satisfied with may be taken and, a design study is carried out on it. That is to say, it is possible to see any change that will happen on your teeth before any intervention thereon.
- Since the surfaces of the porcelain will be significantly smooth, the possibility of any staining or formation of tartars that may happen due to smoking or due to similar reasons will be minimized.
- They will not change color due to external factors such as coffee, tea, smoking etc.
- It is fragile as a material. But when it is fully bonded on the enamel, its resistance against tension and pulling forces will become significantly higher.
- It is highly resistant against abrasion.
Is The Color Of A Porcelain Laminate Veneer Changing In Time?
Since they are made of advanced technology porcelain, the laminate veneer will never change color.
How Long Does The Porcelain Laminate Application Take?
After the abrasion of 0.3 to 0.7 mm, it is proceeded with the process to take a measurement. In case of an extra gingival disorder, it may take about 7 to 10 days. However, during the smile design procedure, it may take 3 to 4 weeks for your lips to get accommodated themselves to your new look.
How Should The Teeth Be Cared After The Application?
It is possible to use them for years without any problem thanks to a good level of oral care. This is because they are made of a porcelain that has far such features far superior to other adhesive systems (bonding). They are more resistant staining and abrasion. Attention should be made to the oral care to extend their lives. And also, one should avoid biting very hard-solid food and, bad habits such as nail biting.
Depending on the brand we used the warranty time is approximately 3 years.
VENEER TREATMENT PHASES
We examine your teeth and offer you the best treatment type.
After your teeth digitally scanned the veneers is prepared in our in-house-laboratory so very short time(in just 1 hour with CEREC) we need for producing process. After rehersal our experienced dentists fit your veneers on top of your teeth in accordance with your smile and face
Veneer is a painless application that allows you to use your teeth with no extra limitation. Please follow your dentist’s advices.
You should have your teeth checked in every 6 months and be careful for the oral hygiene. Especially smoking should be avoided.